Did you know it is essential to keep up with your oral health care as you age? If you neglect your oral health care, you are setting yourself up for severe problems in your later years. Cavities can cause tooth loss and lead to gum disease, which can create a whole hurricane of issues to your smile.
Our dentist, Dr. Eric Swensen, encourages you to keep up with your oral health care. That is why our team at Copper Vista Dental Care in Globe, Arizona, is willing to share some advice on caring for your smile.
Here are some things you can do to keep your smile healthy throughout your life:
– If you wear dentures, keep them clean every day and take them out each night.
– Stop smoking because tobacco increases the risk of many cancers, which can naturally increase your chances with age.
– Brush your teeth twice a day and be sure to choose a soft-bristled toothbrush that is gentle on your teeth.
– Floss your teeth each day to keep your teeth and gums in excellent health.
– Visit your dentist semi-annually to fight any oral health threats you may have in your smile.
If you work to keep up with your oral health care needs, you can keep your smile healthy throughout your life. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you would like more information, please call us today at 928-425-8175 to make an appointment. We look forward to seeing you soon.